Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Love of God

The passage below tells us of how big the love of Christ for us is. The love of Christ itself is beyond any human’s imagination and once you understand it then you can do what is beyond your expectation. And that is what Paul wants us to know through what he has written, he want us to know how important to understand the love of Christ is.

Ephesians 3:14-19

“For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”

The love of Christ is not a simple thing that you can understand it in an instance. Paul himself must kneel before the Lord and pray so that he can understand the love of Christ. This shows us that to understand the love of Christ it takes time and effort. The love of Christ is so big that you must come and pray before Him to know how big the love of Christ for you is and once you understand the love of Christ then you must grasp it so that you could know how wide and how deep the love of Christ is.

There are two things that He will do when the love of Christ is within us and you understand it well, which are:
1. Strengthen Your Inner Being

When the love of Christ is within you, He will strengthen our inner being because it dwells in our heart. Once your inner being is strengthened then He will lead you to do thing that is beyond your own imagination.
2. Give Impact to Other

By having the love of Christ live in you, you can give an impact to people surround you by sharing the love of Christ with each other. This way you may give an impact to the other party for example, I, myself, used to have a problem with my temper and I was unable to manage it. Once I was angry I would show my anger to whoever that annoyed me but because the love of Christ is living in me now, He enables me to manage my temper and teach me to forgive everyone who annoy me. It is not easy and I admit it. However, if I am able to do this through Christ who leads me, then He will lead you as well.

And how to accomplish this mission? In Ephesians 4:2 “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love”, God told us to be humble, patient and bearing with one another in love. This way you can apply the love of Christ that is within you. But how if you meet the limit of forgiving other people that has been hurting you? As what have been explained above, the love of Christ is not effortless and will need a long time for us to understand it. The time taken to understand it, is for us to learn and grow more in understanding the love of Christ and you will understand that the love of Christ also bring healing for your heart until you will not know the limit of forgiving other.

Thought:

I believe each of us has experienced the love of Christ and it is living in each and every one of us. But let us together learn more to understand the love of Christ and grasp it with everything that we have so that we know how deep and how wide is the love of Christ for us. Without the love of Christ we might end up destroying ourselves and others.

Mighty Father in heaven, here I am Your child comes to You with a humble heart Lord. I want to use this opportunity to ask for an understanding of Your love, Jesus and grasp it with my everything. I want to learn how to be patient and bearing with one another in love. So, Jesus leas me and remind me always of deep and wide of your love. Thank You Lord, in your mighty name I prayed. Amen.


SHARED BY
Ps. Jani Pritam

No comments:

Post a Comment